General Secretary for the Synodal Pathway of the Catholic Church in Ireland
Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference
(Fixed term – 4 year period)
The Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference wishes to appoint a General Secretary for the Synodal Pathway of the Catholic Church in Ireland. The role of the General Secretary will be to coordinate the work of the Synodal Pathway with responsibility for consultation, planning, communications and administration.
The successful applicant will have:
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline or three years’ work experience in a relevant area
- At least three years’ experience in a senior project management role
- Experience in financial planning and management
- Experience in managing staff and/or volunteers
- Experience of strategic planning
- Experience of servicing committees
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation, with demonstrable administrative, leadership and management skills
- Understanding of the concept and practice of synodality in the Catholic Church
- Understanding of issues of faith and belief in contemporary Ireland
- Evidence of personal Christian faith in practice and expression
- A willingness to be flexible with regard to working hours
- A willingness to travel throughout Ireland as required, with the potential for some international travel as part of the role.
The General Secretary’s responsibilities will include the day-to-day running of the office, annual budget projections and production of an annual report.
A competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will apply to this appointment. A detailed job description and application form are available below:
Applicants should send completed application form and existing remuneration package details to:
Executive Administrator, Columba Centre, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, or by email to: [email protected] no later than 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 12 July 2022.
Interviews will take place in Maynooth in the week commencing 25 July 2022