Job Advertisement – Finance and Asset Manager
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Elphin includes almost all of County Roscommon, as well as a significant portion of County Sligo and some parts of East Galway. The Diocese seeks to carry on its activities in a manner which is consistent with the Gospel and with Catholic Social Teaching. (See www.elphindiocese.ie)
The purpose of the role of Finance and Asset Manager is to ensure that the Diocesan
Finances and Assets are proactively managed in accordance with best practice and in a manner which complies with the requirements of both Civil and Canon law. The role
extends to the parishes and agencies which are an integral part of the Diocese. The role must be carried out with due regard for the pastoral priorities of the diocese as determined by the bishop.
TITLE: FINANCE and ASSET MANAGER
As a key executive to the Bishop you will be required to optimise the financial position of the diocese; implement systems and strategy to ensure transparency and ongoing
compliance with requirements under both Civil and Canon law.
Key Requirements of this challenging and rewarding role include:
- Strong financial and project management acumen
- A track record of driving excellence and leading change
- Proven leadership expertise, working within complex governance structures
- Experience of working successfully in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills
- Knowledge of the ethos, management structures and practices of the Catholic Church
Professional background could be from any sector; public, private/corporate, not for profit, charity, etc.
Your current or previous roles may have included; Finance Manager/Director, Operations Manager/Director, General Manager or similar.
Closing date for applications: 28th December 2017