Level Five (December 2020)
I want to take this opportunity to thank all our parish volunteers who have done so much to support both our public Masses during Advent and our online Masses throughout the year, by stewarding, cleaning and providing technical support and advice. Please continue your “essential service”. The following information will help you to know how we as Church are being asked to contribute to suppressing the present wave of COVID-19
- The public celebration of all Sunday Masses and Weekday Masses is suspended from 26th December until 12th January 2021, when it will be reviewed.
- Attendance at a funeral liturgy or burial is limited to 10 mourners from 26th December.
- Celebration of the Sacrament of Marriage is limited to a maximum of 25 guests until 2nd January 2021 and 6 guests only from 3rd January 2021.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation will continue to be celebrated on request – please contact your parish priest to make arrangements as required.
- The Sacrament of the Sick may be celebrated as dictated by pastoral need. Please contact your priest if a family member or neighbour requires the Sacrament of Anointing.
- Routine house visits are suspended in keeping with public health guidelines, but a suitably prepared family member may, by arrangement with the priest, take Holy Communion to someone who is housebound.
- For the Sacrament of Baptism– please discuss with your parish priest.
Please remember the basic steps we can all take personally to reduce the spread of the virus – washing our hands regularly, keeping our physical distance, reducing our social contacts, practicing good respiratory hygiene.
Wishing you every blessing this Christmas.
23rd December 2020
Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.